Christmas Tree Farm
986 Licklog Road
Newland, NC 28657
Phone: (828) 295-2545
2015 Hours of operation:
Wednesday, November 26, 12:30-dark
Thanksgiving Day 12:30-dark
Friday-Sunday 9 - dark
Then until Saturday, December 19:
Thursdays & Fridays 12:30 - dark
Saturday’s and Sunday’s 9 – 5:30
- Welcome to our choose and cut Christmas tree farm! We have a great selection of Fraser Fir Christmas trees to fulfill your Christmas tree needs. From a two foot table top sized, up to a twelve foot family center piece, we are certain that we can provide you with a beautiful Christmas tree. Finding your tree is only part of the fun, the real treat is a great family adventure, from the hay ride all the way to finishing up roasting marshmallows as we secure your tree to your vehicle, we are sure that you will have a great experience.
- I don't want to kill a tree! Don't worry, we promise to plant a baby tree for every Christmas tree that we harvest! Our Real Christmas trees are 100% biodegradable, grown in the USA, very much unlike the fake trees imported from China.
- The Hard Part: which one to choose? We have thousands of trees between 5 and 12 feet for you to choose from. The hard part is actually a big part of the fun! Take your time, enjoy the fresh air, wander through the rows and when you see “the tree”, you will know it! After you find your tree, you can harvest it with a bow saw that we provide, or we will gladly cut the tree for you. We will then load the tree onto a trailer and haul it back to the barn, where we will bale it and then carefully secure it to your vehicle.image008.gif
- What Should you bring? Dress warmly and in layers. If you get too hot, take some off. But don’t get caught off guard, there are plenty of days when it is sunny and 70 degrees off the mountain, but cold as all get out at our farm! Bring a camera, the views from our farm awesome. If we are tying the tree to the top of your car we suggest bringing an old blanket to protect your paint.
- What does David Pittman's Farm provide for free? We give hay rides, hot apple cider, and marsh mallows’ for marsh mallow roasting at the fire, all for free. We hope that you will be able to stay for awhile and enjoy our hospitality.
- Then What? The rest is up to you. If you use one of our stands, you simply snip away the baling string, insert the peg from the stand into the hole that we drilled at the farm, add water, decorate and enjoy. We have been blessed to be able to live and raise our family here in the mountains of North Carolina and we hope that when you take your little piece of our farm home with you it will be just as special!
Thanks for visiting our web site, we hope to see you soon!